View Single Post
Banned

Several things are wrong about your setup.

1. Always have the spark plug in place.
2. Always have a simulated cylinder or actual cylinder attached to the head. The cylinder and head shrouds the exhaust port, a lot.
3. Sucking thru the exhaust may not be exactly the same as blowing thru it from the cylinder. For sure the flow is directional and a vacuum situation inside the cylinder probably isn't the same as a large volume of air blowing thru. I haven't looked at it very closly on an analytical basis, but I have seen the difference in actual tests. A commercial flow bench allows the easy reverse of air flow so there was no reason to check out the real reasons for the difference, I just checked to see and wallah, there was a significant difference.

ONly trying to help on the peening thing, I want you to get the best possible results, esp seeing all the very innovative work you have put into your engine. I have been an engineer for over 35 years and seen a lot of work by very talented people, you are way up there on the talent level, keep up the good work.

PS do a check on leakage, ie valves closed, check flow. Another sanity check, the exhaust will almost ALWAYS be less than the intake flow, esp because the exhaust valve is always smaller than the intake valve. And if that flow is more than 80% of the intake, be suspicious. 91% is not likely nor even desirable.

Last edited by snowman; 05-01-2005 at 10:44 PM..
Old 05-01-2005, 10:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #186 (permalink)