Thread: Motor opinions
View Single Post

The 3.6 sale would be a profitable one or I won't sell it. After all I bought it to put in my car!!! The 3.5 would be a full rebuild of a core that I do not have yet...

The 3.6 is already completely apart and the heads, P/C set are arriving home today from rennsport systems. The cams have been reground (DC20) and the rockers have ben rebushed and ground. The plan was to finish it off with motronic (stevew chip) and 993 eshuast. Should make a good strong motor.

The 3.5 would pretty much be identical to Ralph's (motor envey) except I would use a little more agressive cam an maybe crankfire ingnition.
Should also be a strong motor

The cost would be about the same for either motor when factoring in the sale profit of the 3.6 is applied to the 3.5. I just like the idea of a hot rod 3.2 based motor.

Turbo? I have had a few turbo cars. I like the throttle response of a NA motor better, just my opinion too. I also do not want to have to modify the body (tail) to fit and intercooler...... I also want a more or less bolt in motor so customers can see it and say "hey, I want one of those!"

If I sell the 3.6 it will be in a customers car so I guess people will still see it and I will have the 3.5 in my car so maybe I get the best of both??

Who knows...??

Jeff
Old 05-04-2005, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)