Thread: 2.0 rebuild ?
View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to cnavarro
I know we've spoken before about your build Michael and possibly changing out cylinders, but maybe Nickies? Weight reduction is nice, but you'll have more dense intake charges than you otherwise would with cast iron cylinders or birals. We've seen 15% more HP when switching to Nickies from cast iron and biral slugs. Not sure of the rule limitations though, but I would guess by the amount of other changes, that it should be good.

I would also recommend putting in the piston squirters, as it will help keep the temperature down and hopefully keep the pin and pin boss in and attached to the piston longer at those RPMs. When ordering your pistons, reinforced skirts, forced dual pin oilers, and split oil return would be nice options to add to the JEs. Some thinwall .120" tool steel pins, although a little more expensive, will offset the weight of the reinforced skirts (they help keep the pin bosses in the pistons @ high RPMS and also support the skirts better). Running the JEs in a set of Nickies would also help by keeping the clearances significantly tighter than in a set of cast iron cylinders.

'99 Boxster powered by Flat 6 Innovations; '10 Cayman S (DFI testbed)
Old 05-12-2005, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)