View Single Post

Thanks for the link Rob. Just in case there might have been a leak with my flow apparatus on runner number 2 I am planning on testing it again but overall I am happy with my results even if that one runner really is a bit high.

I also know I will be happy with the new R&P since one of my only complaints about the 930 tranny was first gear being too tall for fast launches and my need to perform better on tight auto-x courses.

The 15% gearing reduction should be a perfect solution to those problems and having my top speed limited to 170 doesn't bother me one bit.

I am actually happy with the ratio splits between the gears since I am hoping that my mods will give me a pretty fat torque curve between 3500 and 6500 RPMs and the current gears will be perfect for keeping me in that range as long as I am moving faster than 20 mph or doing a 3K RPM launch.

I know it might not be the best solution for a track car but I am trying improve the car's low speed performance.

The car used to clean up its class at many a auto-xes but I had a few tough contenders to deal with. With lower gearing and more torque I will stomp my competition and hopefully end up with some respectable quarter mile times to boot.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #204 (permalink)