View Single Post

I would have the crank balanced, checked for straightness and cross drilled and chamfered. Depending on hp I would stick with stock rods and go with ARP rod bolts unless you want huge hp then I would upgrade to a Pauter rod. I would not go with the 100mm cylinders. I would go with the 3.8 cylinders from Charles and coated JE's in the 8-1 or 8.5 to 1 range. I would have the heads welded up and then flame ringed. I would use my head guy. He does the fastest porsches in the world. The 964 heads do not require a bunch of work to flow a ton. Good coated springs and titanium retainers will get you there along with a nice set of valves in the SS variety. Custom cams through John at dr cams will be your best bet. Go with a set of custom headers from Marco at Billet design in either twin or single turbo version your pick. His twin turbo headers make huge hp over the others out there. As for the intake I would go with a plastic 964 intake with a custom center section housing a 75-90mm throttle body depending on hp. Throw on a big intercooler that Marco can also make along with a nice EFI system and you have the platform for something in the 1K hp range depending on how much boost you want Now that is one good recipe
Old 05-23-2005, 09:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)