View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Porschekid962 Send a message via Yahoo to Porschekid962
what would you do? 96vram to 300?

I have FINALLY sourced a 3.6 for my dad's car although it isnt a 95 so it has vram and im not sure about the chipping possibilities.

He has expressed, rather told me, that he wants 300hp. So with some hotter cams, port matching and chipping could I reach that? In order to chip this motor isnt it required to go to the 95 obd1 brain, if going that route I would switch out the varioram intake for the lighter plastic one from the 95 as well.

Do I need to do any port work aside from matching the heads to the intake and exhaust or is that overkill to start with? As far as cams go are the cup cams the best bet or would something from camgrinder or another maker better suit my HP goals? The car is daily driven and its 74 so no worries about smog, he is also keeping the heat so the heat exchangers stay and I have heard they flow very well.

So far I think arp rod bolts, cams, re ring if needed, chip, possibly swap intake for non vram (lose some weight as well), clean up the ports a little.

I am not that savvy when it comes to 3.6 motors so any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)