Thread: oil additives?
View Single Post
Banned from Pelican

For a tranny I would suggest Red Line MTL. And I have absolutely NO connection whatsoever with Red Line. This stuff is for real. And if anyone really wants to investigate, go to any race, any real race, go to the pits and ask what oil they REally use, not whats printed on the side of their car. You will find that what really works is Red Line, and everyone knows this, so thats what they use in their race car. Some have even gone to the extent of hiding their oil changes, because they advertize some other oil, but If you race you will soon find the real truth, its Red Line. But again at twice the price of Mobil I its very hard to justify in any street car.

Lucus and Swepco are old tech in comparason, extreemly good lubes, but still an order of magnitude or more below Red Line.

I have read all the Red Line Propaganda, but I have also seen the results in my race car, its for real. Honest I am not trying to sell the stuff, I am just trying to give an honest heads up to anyone who is trying to keep their car togather, for a reasonable cost. This is your best bang for the buck, period.

To add to what I have said, if you have put a lot of bucks into your Porsche, the question is no longer what is good enough, but whats the best.

Last edited by snowman; 06-02-2005 at 11:42 PM..
Old 06-02-2005, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)