View Single Post

Since I'm getting close to the break-in process. I've been reading a number of links and of course the Wayne book. If you boil down what people say....you want to get pressure behind the compression rings as soon and as much as possible WITHOUT over heating the rings. A number of places mention warming the engine up.....same as the Wayne book....I think the only worry is ..... will glaze form in the first 20 minutes at 2k. If not then we are fine to follow the Wayne book because after that we follow the power on power off cycling which almost all of the articles mention as the thing to do. It makes sense get the rings to bed in and at the same time you want oil coming from compression and coast down "decompression" and this gets the oil to flow back and forth over the rings to haul all the junk out of there from the wearing in. That's my 2 cents after reading a number of sites.....the airplane engine guys have a lot to say on this...

-h
Old 06-11-2005, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)