View Single Post
Licensed User

Modern induction & ignition on sub 3.0 motor

Iíve been looking into the EFI kit with the TWM stacks from Mike B's thread. This kit really looks promising. Not as cheap or easy as carbs, but oh well. Iím warming up to the idea of having a late 20th century mechanical skill set and nothing about these cars is cheap anyway.

Anyway, Iíve got another roller on the way to my house and Iím starting with a clean slate as far as drivetrain plans are concerned. I want something different than the 3.2 & short geared 915 thatís going in my brown car so Iíve been thinking of a hi rev motor hooked up to a 901. Henry's 2.8, a 2.6 RSR (92x66) or a High compression 2.5(90x66) are the three engines that I keep seeing in my head.

Has anyone ever built one of these small displacement hi rev engines with a modern EFI induction? Most of the engines I see of this size are either carb'd or MFI with RSR distributors. I want something more exotic than carbs and Iím not going down the custom MFI route again. Very cool but too much money without the right core system. BURN-BROS distributor would be perfect, but I just scored an electromotive twin plug setup for really cheap so Id like to plan to use that.

TIA

Last edited by Shuie; 06-12-2005 at 07:18 AM..
Old 06-12-2005, 07:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)