View Single Post

Garage
Sorry to go on about 'MY' valves! (But they are pretty important..so bear with me!) Anyway...more questions and more pictures. Now...it's all about valve guides and sideways movement. I took these little buggers off in the first place because I suspected leaky valve guides and seals. However..when I give them a wriggle I can feel no sideways movement on the valves (see the next two pics..that's my grubbly little hand trying to wriggle the intake and exhaust valves side to side). Also (if you look at the very first pictures in this thread) my valve seals look in good condition and don't appear to be worn or broken in any way. OK so the valves themselves need a little clean (third pic) but the guides don't feel or look like they need replacing. Just looks like the engine's been running too rich, hence the oily mess. Your views please...am I dreaming in novice cockoo land or do I need to be brought back to Earth with an expensive bump? -M
Old 06-19-2005, 04:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)