View Single Post

I got mine from EBS along with the major order for the top end parts. They seem like a good idea. Careful when putting them on not to accidently flip them and have the outside lip go in the groove. They seem to not present a problem when sliding in the shafts...just a bit of a push. I used Redline assembly lube. I heard of a good idea the other day....get a gun cleaning rod with barrel buffer type ends on a drill and clean up the bores in the cam towers. Of course you just want to buff'em and not really take out any material. Also if you get your rockers buffed check the dimensions in three places on each...sometimes the diameter is enlarged in the area near the groove on the outside...this will make them hard to slide in...or check all of them when you get'em back by sliding all the way through in the place where they will go..use asm. lube so you don't make any marks in the bores. Also...put together rockers and shafts and feel for play...I found 2 that my machinists didn't find that were loose. Remember to orient the bolts/nuts so that you can get the rocker out while the engine is in the car if you have to...this means you will not be able to use a torque wrench on all shaft bolts but do these last and you will have a feel for it. Also remember that the shaft doesn't fit evenly fore and aft in the cam tower bores..you want the grooves the same distance out from the inside the engine edge. You probably knew all of this.
-h
Old 07-11-2005, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)