View Single Post

Help! Have I killed My Engine?

Sorry for the length of this post but please bear with me!

The other day I had my car on the drive on axle stands while doing the shock's it had to stay like this overnight while I got the parts next day when I returned home with the parts after work the next evening it hd rained really heavy so I quikly fitted the shocks to get the car back in the garage! after fitting the shock I kame to start the car the engine turned for about half a second then stopped!

I realised instantly what had happend, I had left the air filter off the engine and the intake stacks on 1 and 3 of my MFI engine had filled with water. I removed the spark plugs from these cylinders turned the engine over to drain the water and replaced the spark plugs and started the car it took considerably longer than normal but eventually it started and seemed to run fine I let it warm up to 180 and left it idleing till the exhurst stopped steaming then drove it into the garage where it sat for 2 days untill I got It out today!

After replacing the rear shocks today I attempted to take it for a drive round the block I pulled out of my drive and set off, the engine had no power and just popped and spluttered between 1500 and 3000 rpm I had to slip the clutch to get it moving. The popping problem I had before when my engine was cold now seems to be when the engine is warm as well the engine just dose not seem to want to run between 1000 and 3000 rpm after this it seems ok! however when the engine is warm it starts up instantly and idles just fine, howver this problem seems to be getting progressivly worse and when putting my car away in the garage half an hour ago it woudnt keep running in the end I had to push it into the garage!

My gut instinct on this problem is that its a fulling issue or maybe I got water in some of the electrics I checked the dizzy that seems dry, however I carnt get the worrying feeling out of my mind that I have seriously damaged the inside of the engine!

Advice Please!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2005, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)