View Single Post

Garage
the hoist is from bendpack, i looked at several and this is the ticket if you have a regular height garage cieling, it will raise it all the waY up and you can sit on a creeper chair to roll around under it, i did recess mine in the floor 5" but that way its great for extra low slung cars, plust full lift you can still open the garage door, the hoist depending where you buy from will runn around $1,500-2,000 to your door, and it is 110v electro/hydraulic, it was meant to be portable but i took the pump assy and bolted it to the wall.the whole unit is worth 10 times what you pay for it!it makes waxing the car easy!no more standing on your head to do the rockers and such.

VCT tile is great!easy to care for, and yes you must seal it, 3-4 coats is great first time, dont wax it! or you wikll be skateing when its wet.buff it once and take 2 layers of sealer off, apply 3 more coats and you are good to go for many years.

attached is pic of exhaust system, 3" is too big for small block, well a street motor anyway in this application,(my opinion) small block chevs like a little restriction especially with such a short run of pipe

as far as structural changes, not hardly any, the fuel cell i built acts as a strut bar in the front as that is its attachment point (the strut towers) so that was taken care of, as far as torsion mounts..they are plenty overengineered to begin with..look at it this way..the power is directly transferred from the motor to the transaxle and right to the wheels...REALLY YOU ARE JUST BOLTING THE CAR TO THE POWERTRAIN, THE POWERTRAIN IS JUST PUSHING IT,DIFFERENT THAN THE TORQUE TRYING TO PULL THE BODY MASS FIRST AND IT DOESNT WEIGH MUCH (thats what i keep telling myself)

I CUT A SMALL NON-STRUCTURAL PIECE FROM THE FLOOR WHERE THE TANK SAT,AND INSULATED THE FRONT OF THE FUEL CELL, SO NO HOT AIR WILL BLOW ON THE TANK, YOU HAVE TO GET RID OF THE HOT AIR OR YOU WILL OVERHEAT,I WOULDNT VENT IT OUT THE FENDER WELLS, TO DO THAT YOU WOULDNT HAVE A SEALED RADIATOR ENCLOSURE, ALL YOU WILL DO IS SUCK IN THE HOT AIR(AGAIN MY OPINION). ON A HUNDRED DEGREE DAY I RUN AT 185-198 FREEWAY..OR IN TOWN. RENEGADES SYSTEM WORKS PERFECTLY! AS LONG AS YOU DO EXACTLY WHAT THEY SAY!
Joshua 24:15

Last edited by y1der; 08-01-2005 at 10:47 AM..
Old 08-01-2005, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)