View Single Post

sheet metal missing??? or air without direction !!!

So the a/c installer butchered the sheet metal along the front passenger side of the engine. I am gonna say "He" but it could have been "She" cut the tin in such a fashion that replacement of the front tin and repair of the 3-4 tin was possible. Also they (hey thats better) cut into the rt. side shelf panel. I have a body guy to fix that when the battery support and tray get here.
But I think I am missing some metal under the bottom. There is one shield under the 3-4 side and none under the 1-2 side. I know I am missing the heater stuff but it is over 50 degrees here in Texas most of the year. So finding the heater stuff can wait for now. But it looks bear on the 3-4 side below the oil cooler. You can see the oil cooler from the bottom. Am I missing something or is this a normal thing? I know without the heater hoses and heater valves there will be some extra space. But ???????
Also where duz the hot air escape the engine. Will it blow down on the ground or out the sides or even the rear ? It looks like the air is gonna escape in all those places.
And yes the heater hose holes will be covered with a removeable patch.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)