View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Porschekid962 Send a message via Yahoo to Porschekid962
100mm barrel options...

I could go with the Mahle set but I would rather have custom pistons.

Then there is LN engineering with their very nice product.

Can 3.2 barrels be opened up to 100mm or is that just asking for problems?

How about using 3.6 barrels on an older case, need to machine out, move headstuds around, bla bla bla.

I have a set of 993 p&c's. I have a 78 3.0 to use or a euro spec 3.2. Then there is the 964 twin plug dizzy and 95 993 plastic intake all boxed up and hidden away. So many ways to go and so many ideas mean that I am getting distracted such a tough life. Oh and the gt3r oil pump still in it's plastic along with some other goodies I found cleaning up the shop.

So I was thinking of replicating to some extent what Henry did with his mfi 3.5 only go the efi route. 3.0 rods on the 3.2 crank, calico bearing, supertec headstuds, twin plug, 11.5:1 cr JE pistons, 993 heat exchangers, gt3r pump, hot cams, head job, bla bla bla all until I can get some time on the cnc at school and run off my itb's. At this point the LN nickies are looking pretty good but what does everyone else think?

yes this motor is going to take a while longer but it will be built i have almost all the nonsense for it just need to finalize a few things and get a free stand at the shop and get goin. thanks all, btw its going in a sub 2000 pound car.

cheers, ryder
Old 08-04-2005, 11:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)