View Single Post

Garage
Shuie,
You are on the right track. 2.5L motors are VERY fun. You really do not HAVE to get a CW 2.0L crank. A non counterweighted crank will work fine. The bearing journals are huge! I know some people have different thoughts on this, but on the race cars we have used both. The non counterweighted cranks spin up faster. Your not going to be zinging it to 8K rpm so you will be more than fine.
My motor is single plug also. I will be dynoing it on the 22nd so I will post the results.
I have J&E's in my car but 10.5:1 but your 9.5:1 will be perfect for the street.
I have PMO 46's but you will be fine with the 40mm webers. My uncle may have a set to sell you. He just upgraded to 46mm PMO's
You can get a Carrera oil pump. My mechanic makes a sump plate with a drain plug.
Just grab any 2.2 -2.7 heads and use those. Maybe open up the ports a tad. I have stock valves in my race car....They are perfect.
I hope this helps. If you have any questions let me know.
Regardless of what you pick, you will never forget the first time you fire it up and go for a drive with your 2.5L
-Chad
911ST Race Car/2.5L SS Race Motor #02
1972 911T- Numbers matching- Restoring to stock
2011 Porsche Spyder Wht/Blk/Carbon Fiber Buckets/6-Speed (Sold)
2016 Elan NP01 Prototype racecar- Chassis #20, #02
Old 08-10-2005, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)