View Single Post
3 restos WIP = psycho

Definitely go 2.6 and why not twin plug it while it's apart? It is really very cheap to do since the motor is disassembled and with the crankfire, adding another plug is elementary; all you do is add a signal splitter and another coilpack. Then you can go w/ 10.5:1 and really have a hot motor.

If you think Nickies are in your price wheelhouse, I'd rather spend the money on twin plugs and take advantage of the gains of higher compression. Also, build the motor w/ a CW crank and SPIN it!!! This motor will rev forever. 7500 RPM is still super safe for a 66mm CW crank and the valve train should be fine, too.

Don't be conservative on the came either. An 'S' cam on this motor will be surprisingly torquey so if you want to make power high, a Mod-906 cam might be just the trick. A motor set up like this should make a very reliable 250 HP while still being highly tractable, from everything I have read. (Can you tell I have been planning a short stroke big bore, too )

Regardless of your selections, I can't wait until you start building it. Mine is still about a year away.
Have fun!

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930
Old 08-11-2005, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)