View Single Post

Talk to John (camgrinder) about the cam and keyway issue, he should have the answer. You could always pick up core set of cams cheap and have them reground. I think I might have access to low price billetts locally as well..... The cams will work with the stock valves but from what I understand those motors really like the bigger valves but I do not have experience with that to back it up. I would probably only do the bigger valves if yours are worn and need replacing and costs are a concern. But if you need valves anyway..... 3.8 P/C are a pricey if you go with Mahle, but are a lot more reasonable if you get a bored cylinder and JE piston from someone like EBS, some just don't like JE, but I have no problem with them, infact a set should be at my door this morning! There has been lots of discussion on pistons (je vs mahle) on this board that makes for some good reading.

If you need any tools or help or ?????? let me know, lots of stuff I have extras of like engine stand etc....

Jeff
Old 08-12-2005, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)