View Single Post
Never left, but not right

Quote:
Originally posted by 84porsche
I never got to see this speedway because I was quite young when it closed. However I will throw out an idea, what if many of the Pelicans pitched in toward some land and we could build our own speedway. California is not something that is short on land, it is just finding an ideal place. Any profits that the track generate from rentals and events could then be redistributed maintenance first and the remainder to all shareholders.

Also, thank you for all the pictures.
SCCA did that. It's called Buttonwillow.

Quote:
Ah...another McMansion neighborhood swallows up another racetrack. Didn't they do the same thing to Ontario raceway too?
This is approximately where then Ontario Mills Mall is located. That and some industrial park west of the mall. Irvine raceway is more industrial park. Willow Springs is actually under siege with housing development. At one time, that was about as far out in the boonies as you could get and not be over half way to some place else.

Me coming into turn 7. (Too bad you can't read it, but the script on the nose and on the sidepods says "Andial." I wonder if ArNold, DIeter and ALwin got a kick out of that? I gave them a photo of the kart from the side at Willow, but I think they threw it away. Can't blame 'em.

Some others doing the same.

Last edited by Zeke; 08-12-2005 at 11:56 AM..
Old 08-12-2005, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)