View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
When I was living in Massachusetts, I often sought the technical advice of Jerry P of European Performance Engineering. I told him during my rebuild, that I had a deck height of .031. He stated that was too close and recommended 1mm. So I took out the 25mm shim and used the 50's.
Yes, I think think there is too much variance in the deck heights. It may not be that you are getting variances in deck height, but measuring discrepancies due to pistons rocking in the bores. Are you measuring above the piston pin centerline? If you measure above the piston pin axis, you'll see less of the effects of the pistons rocking during the up and down stroke. I also try to take my measurements using the same technique. I measure deck height while the piston is approaching up to TDC. That way I know the slop is taken out of the crank to rod journal.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 08-12-2005, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)