View Single Post

Porsche Crest

Tom

I bought a GT3 pump because it cost a bit less than the 3.3 turbo pump (the turbo pump I have in my existing, at some time to be spare, engine I got before the GT3 was made and as a good deal swap of some other parts). I think it may not cost more (or at least not much more) than the 964 pump you have.

I just rembered that you will have to clearance a 930 case to fit the 964 also. A friend had both a 964 and a turbo pump in his private stock, and we held them up side by side to see what apparent differences there were. I don't recall anything of significance in terms of the lengths of the internal gears as best one could tell from the outside.

The spiel on the 930 pump was that because it was all cast iron it changed less when hot and was better for racing than the 964. My suspicions are that the 964 pump is probably just as good, but that is just a guess. If I had one I'd probably be using it for my 2.8 project motor.

Walt Fricke
Old 08-17-2005, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)