View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by herman maire
let me know how this turns out .Im reaaaaaaalllllly interested if this works . when done would this actualy bolt up or would you have to mod the throttle bodies to bolt to the heads

What do you have in mind for a brain and harness. Im thinking of a computer from a 6cyl BMW 2.5 liter and using a DME flywheel from another Porsche on my 2.4. What do you think?
and what is a (potensionmeter) do you mean (air flow meter)
Interesting idea, fitting a DME from a 325i. Personally, I'd probably want to use a 3.2 Carrera wiring harness and sensors, as all the wires are the right lengths to fit a 911 engine and all the sensors fit too. As for the 325i brain, I don't see where it offers anything a 3.2 Carrera brain doesn't, except for a lot more hassle getting it wired up (either configuring a new/modified harness, or replacing the connector on the end of the Carrera harness). Since you'd end up needing a chip either way - the BMW mix/advance curve is probably "close enough" but don't you want it perfect? - using the Carrera setup would be a little more $$$ and a lot less PITA.

Gotta say, though, if I wanted an EFI 911 engine with Bosch DME, I'd want to use individual throttle bodies - converted MFI TB's, gutted Zeniths, mcyc TB's, whatever - and then convert the DME to alpha-N. MAXX in Germany, for one, makes a kit for BMW M3's which would almost certainly adapt to the 3.2 Carrera motronic. It's infinitely tunable (mixture only) and works REALLY well. With a big set of ITB's, you'd have the best of all possible worlds, IMO.
mchaffee@gmail.com

Last edited by chaf; 08-21-2005 at 03:25 PM..
Old 08-21-2005, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)