View Single Post
3 restos WIP = psycho

Thanks again to Steve. We haven't spoken yet, but I have thought more about my motivations for asking the previous questions and perhaps they are too complex for the actual answers I am seeking. I am getting ready to install a long absent, correct MFI for my 2.0S. My basic questions were:

1. Is it worth twin plugging my stock 2.0S during this install?
2. Would it only be worthwhile if I go with custom pistons to raise compression?
3. If so, how high is reasonable for a twin plug 2.0S?
4. How would these mods affect the character and longevity of the otherwise stock 2.0S?
5. Should I just be happy with the single plug MFI and spend my money elsewhere?

My other questions were only tring to get to the heart of this basic issue. Sometimes I just geek out a little too hard and forget my basic motivations.

(edit) I just did some perusing of the Rennsport site and it looks like the 2.2S heads are a bolt on upgrade for the 2.0S and help immensely with detonation. Very interesting. I promise I won't ask any squish band questions here...I promise...must resist.

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930

Last edited by kenikh; 08-22-2005 at 08:34 AM..
Old 08-22-2005, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)