View Single Post
3 restos WIP = psycho

Thanks, Tom. You know how slippery the slope goes: MFI turns into twin plugs, turns into high comp pistons, turns into 906 cams, turns into... In the end you could have just built another motor for less money.

To answer the question: I am not into cool factor for cool factor's sake. All I was looking into was making my 2.0 the best it can be without going into stupid money like Pauter rods and a titanium valve train. My thoughts were that if I could do smart upgrades to my 2.0 in the $1500 range in addition to adding the MFI, I'd go that route vs. possibly building another motor. Plus, I like the looks from people when I tell them I only have a 2.0.

P.S. I know that some of you will be skeptical of adding twin plugs as cheaply as stated above. It can be done utilizing a Ford crankfire setup, using a MegaSquirt II brain and twin EDIS coil packs or MSDs. Hardware total is less than $700. Some would say that using MegaSquirt without its fueling capabilities is stupid, but you can't argue with the economics of it.

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930

Last edited by kenikh; 10-08-2005 at 07:34 PM..
Old 08-22-2005, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)