View Single Post

Lightbulb burning oil

well i have only run the engine for about 30 mins total. i never thought the oil in the exhaust might be burning off its worth a shot to try running it for a wheile to see if it will go away.

I dont know how much oill it is burning if any at this point. before the rebuild i never ran it long enough to figure out how much it is burning. I think i have only run the car for maybe 2 hours at the most from the time i bought it.

after i got it running for the first time i ran it and i saw it was burning oil i changed out the oil and put in 20/50 and a new filter and ran it again only to find that it still burned oil. at that point i figured rebuild time and pulled the motor.

as far as my oil level is concerned im half way up on the marks on the stick on level ground engine warm at idel so im sure im not over full.

before the engine rebuild when it got up to temp i had a james bond smoke screen no after the rebuild i just have a light clound that at idel is almost not noticable but when reving gets thicker. it is far les now then it ever was though.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)