View Single Post

Piston Squirter Loose

I was today cleaning out my piston squirter feeds, I decided it would be a good idea to flush some cleaner the wrong way down through the squirter's first just in case there was any big particles in there so they would be washed out through the through bolt holes, rather then me just forcing it through and it getting stuck at the back of the piston squirter if it was too big to pass through. I did this by putting a plastic syringe over the hole in the squirter and forcing solvent through its hole, this seemed to work fine on all but one of the squirter's that actually pushed down the hole that it was located in about 3-4mm using a piece of wire that I had hooked the end of and putting it through the hole then pulling it I managed to get the squirter back to its original position where it stopped as the end of the hole seems a tight fit to hold the squirter in.

I proceeded to clean out the rest of my squirter's and all seems well, however I am now worried that this squirter moving back may cause me a problem even though its now back in its original position and seems like it would not move any further forward ie been pushed out of its hole. Should I replace this squirter? and if so how do I go about doing so?
Old 08-30-2005, 12:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)