View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Elu
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WydRyd
[B]Yes please, post some pics of the install if you have 'em.

When my budget permits, I want to get a set of Focal 165K2 separates, Audison SRX4 AMP and some sort of subby. The Kenwood looks damn good!

OK...Pictures. I will get some tonight and post them. They are really uneventful because it just sits under there...bolted to the floor. However, I can take a shot showing how it sits in proximity to the seat and such for you hard liners.

"Chuck" The vibration under the seat is not noticeable to the person in the seat unless you really push up the bass...and then it messes with the overall sound quality. Everything in moderation is the key. You get the thump and drone of the low tones but it is not annoying.

"Randy" I can't explain it...but it really works. It is similar to an upper end computer sound speaker set. I use one on my TV as and it shakes the room. This sub system is not cheesy or small in sound, it's HUGE! I kid you not! I think that I have a little clout on the issue as I am a recording artist and producer and know alot about sound, maybe not the mechanics of the systems as they are put together but I do know what sounds good. I listen to alot of Dance oriented music with club beats and sub-tones and it doesn't distort. I also listen to alot of low end chill out music and stuff like Enigma, Delerium, B-Tribe, Conjure One, Sting...and it all sounds big and boomy. If I turn it up too loud it's unbearable cuz it's so loud.

So seriously if you guys are thinking about this seriously...just do it, it works. And again, it will not be as loud as a bazooka tube or (2) 10" subs at 250 watts each...but in a small P-car...who needs that? The Kenwood is plenty of big bass sound for the small space.

www.myspace.com/elu

Elu - the sensual nature of humanity
Available on Eroica Records

The new album is now available.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)