View Single Post

Garage
damn Walt, that was nicely detailed. Lots of good info in there, unfortunately it only makes my decision harder.

To complicate things even further, I have a fully assembled, ready to run 3.0 w/ new Euro P/C's and Webers, although the cam is just a mild Webcam 154 grind used for hopping up CIS motors. This motor has 20k miles on it and I'm just itching to put it in. At the same time, when the track season ends, I'm looking at some lag time, and debating whether I should go through TWO engine drops/lifts, or just cannibalize one in favor of building a 3.2 and being done with it.

The reason that I didn't want to touch the 3.0 is because it is absolutely ready, and rebuilt by a reputable shop. Who knows what I'll end up doing once my hands touch it. Hence my plan on dropping in the 3.0 while tinkering w/ the early turbo case. I don't really see a point in taking apart a perfectly good motor just so I can use the turbo case and gain .2 liters.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)