View Single Post
Never left, but not right

Crank PN and page 204

Just did a pretty good search only to find nothing about crankshaft PNs. I guess the 901.xxx.xxx.xx no. is not anywhere one can see it, if at all. What is that number that is on the outside of the counterweight?

Also, could someone check page 204 in the engine book and look at the numbers for the various rod bearing sizes for the 2.4-2.7 crank? This is down a ways on the page where the .25mm to 1mm bearings are listed. It doesn't jive.

I ask because I'm crank shopping and have looked at one that the rod journals measure all fairly close to 51.84, out of spec. I assume this is safe to use for a grind to 1st stage (something I will try to avoid pending finding something in spec). But it would help to know if one I find has already been taken down and where it fits in the range. I suppose I could just subtract, but I would like to see the range of allowable tolerance for each stage.

The one I saw has an R stamped on the same counter weight as the factory number and I assumed that meant "rebuilt." But, it's still above the range of the first cut, as far as I could tell. The mains measured 56.84, so I passed because they too were out of spec. It's strange to me that the both came out to "xx.84" after the conversion of x25.4. I measured them 3-4 times and in differnent places. No more than .001" diff anywhere.

Help the noob. This stuff is not in the book that I could find. TIA.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)