View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Elu
Quote:
Originally posted by bell
let me re-phrase, they lack any worthwhile low end (sub 50hz) while the car was moving (road noise).
but realize i'm used to much bigger stuff, so i'm a little biased
I only wish there were an audio option for this sort of stuff...Dogh! My feeling on this is that the low end is perfectly substantial. Again, I have to fall back on the fact that I am a Sound Engineer and Producer and know what it's supposed to sound like.

I'm not saying that you don't know sound, I'm just saying that you may not have unlocked the potential in the unit. It operates at 50 Hz easy...In fact it operates between 35hz and 150 hz. And I am positive that my car has more interior road than yours. No offence meant. Again, you should go back to your car stereo settings and adjust the cross over point.

I can't make everyone see it because so many people are bias about sound. Most people do not understand sound and insist that huge subwoofers deliver. They don't. The sound that you get from them is false, augmented by the crossover and their large size and power. Low end is meant to be fealt rather than heard therefore, Again, This Kenwood unit delivers.

www.myspace.com/elu

Elu - the sensual nature of humanity
Available on Eroica Records

The new album is now available.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)