View Single Post

It's a M&K lovefest, I just put on a 1 in 1 out on my 86 along with cat bypass and drove it to GAF both days, sounded great and I got a lot of inquiries at the show. I thought 1 out might be too quiet but don't worry you'll hear it. I also have a 95 M3 with a Borla exhaust and this is a a little louder. The raspiness is great, exactly what I wanted - sounds like an early car. The best is off throttle after taking it up to higher RPM. ON Sunday at GAF I met up with Steve Wong and he put in a chip programmed for my exhaust mods and it sounds even better. It eliminated some of the slight popping off throttle by giving a richer mixture.

I polished the tip by hand using extra fine steel wool and a metal polish from Home Depot that can be used on aluminum or stainless steel, white bottle and it had an ammonia smell. Took about two hours in front of the TV with a drop cloth on the floor and about 8 walk though the rooms by my wife with an eyeball roll each time - sometimes two on one trip! :-)
87 924s (track)
Old 09-13-2005, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)