View Single Post

3.3 Turbo Twin plug help

First,
Thanks vichang4 for the offer on the '87 CAT. I posted in classifieds and Sam is selling me a CAT from a 91 turbo 3.3 with a reported 10k on it.

Second,
Now that I have arranged to do the motor with Henry I am starting to dream and covet. Realistically, I think I need to do just enough to the motor to break the 400HP mark (91 3.3 Turbo 320HP) and still keep reliability and longevity. Any suggestions? I would love to hear what you guys would suggest.

Third,
What is the deal with Twin Plugs? I understand 2 per cylinder but there is a lot of conflicting info on what I gain and what it costs. Do you guys think it is worthwhile to twin plug my '91 3.3 turbo? Is it worth the money? What is the best method for this motor? Do I see HP gains? Reliability gain? Is it protection against piston meltdown (detonation)? Please offer guidance. It seems like a very expensive and involved modification so I want to know all I can beforehand. It seems that this one mod could put me over budget very easily and it would be nice if the money were best spent elsewhere on the car.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)