Thread: 3.3 turbo
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by hillelson1
chevy small blocks and also have built some decent racing snowmobile and mercury outboard v6's. do you think this is enough experience.
Yes you have the experience to do the job, I am glad to hear it.

The search button is your friend when it comes to the topic of Motor Meister (MM). Please use it.

My experience with rebuild kits is that you pay for parts you don't need and don't get parts you do. There is a program called PET that porsche uses, it is great for generating a list of parts for a job.

The book I refered to above is written by Wayne who runs Pelican Parts, his business host this website. The book is available from Amazon and is an authorative reference for the sort of thing we are discussing. Try and use the PM feature to contact me and I'll send you lots of info to read.

Depending on your work schedule a rebuild could take from two weeks to twelve mopnths

I understand that you are gathering information about what you may be potentially facing. However it is difficult to answer your questions without much information on the problem or the engine.

Others might correct me here but a rod bearing failure will necessitate an engine rebuild.
1991 E36 BMW 318i
2004 Mercedes ML270
Old 09-19-2005, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)