Thread: 3.3 turbo
View Single Post

3.3 Turbo C2

I have a 1991 3.3 Turbo. I have an internal engine problem as well and it looks like a rebuild is in order for me. I called the guys at motor masher and I would definately not recomend them to you.

For one thing they are prejudiced against our little turbo pals. They told me on two seperate occasions that they want nothing to do with Turbo Porsches because they are not reliable. First of all I think many people on this forum and in the Porsche community would not like that comment. Second, is that really a good or real reason for not working on Turbos? I mean if you quote someone a Turbo rebuild and are up front with them on the expected mileage (according to them) that the rebuild should last then were is the problem.

They do have a neat service idea that lets you pull the motor and put it on a pallate to send it to them. But none of that even matters because they wont work on our motors. If they themselves wont rebuild Turbo's how can you trust any rebuild kit that they sell you?

I am not affiliated with any Porsche repair facility or parts dealer. I am just another guy with the same problem as you sharing what little I have learned so far.

I have not done a motor with my own hands since I worked in a garage just after high school (18 years now!) and that was standard 350 chevy straight line drag stuff. I have never torn open a Porsche engine and frankly I don't have the time to get into it now. I found a guy named Henry at Supertec and he seems to be pretty sharp. He is well recomended on this site and has posted replies to your post already. I have not had any work done by him yet but I am sending my car off to him TODAY (Horray) for a motor re-build so that should indicate a certain level of trust. He is in Southern California.

You can see my Saga (with pictures) here
C2 3.3 Turbo Saga The Black B@astard

Good luck.......Go Fast!
Old 09-21-2005, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)