View Single Post

David,

The budget does not stretch to the 98 barrels, plan B is to mill 0.5, plan C is weld/machine! If I had know about this in the first place I would not have bought the bloody engine.

Anyway Plan B, the piston to head is 1.5 just now so removing 0.5 would leave the piston to head clearance in the perfect position. However it would not have removed all of the chamfer. My concern was that this pocket around the piston would still be 1.5mm and would create more of a detonation issue, possibly more so that leaving it at 2mm.

The head people have reasurred me that it will not distort the head and that the milling will be done parallel to the cam house mating surface.

I have heard of people welding the plug hole and boring to the same size for both plugs in a twin plug configuration. If there are any distortion issue surely nobody would do this.

Thanks for the feedback I though that I was talking to myself for a while there!

Cheers

Mark.....
Old 09-21-2005, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)