View Single Post

Garage
It's easy to add euro fenders to a non-euro car.

The crux of the matter here is the side marker lights on the front valance and the rear quarters. I have seen ROW cars that have been certed to be in the US and the marker lights are easy to tell as being add-ons. You can usually count on the front valance having been replaced with a US one fairly easily, so that is not definitive. But the rear quarters are. The ones on the car in the (terrible) photos look like standard US-spec, not added on later. A good photo of them from the outside and inside will tell me if it is or not (well, besides the VIN# which would be the final word here of course). Sometimes the speedo is a tell-tale sign as well.

The front and rear bumper on ROW cars are different, but usually they get replaced with the US items when the car is certed, or if that gets by they get replaced anyway with US units when the car takes the first hit and the bumper disintegrates (and the body shop can't source the ROW bumpers).

My P-caronline Profile

"A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water. "--
Sidney Goff
Old 09-22-2005, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)