View Single Post

Garage
Check out the front side markers....they don't look flush like typical U.S. spec. Not that it really means anything.....just looking at 'em. I gotta agree, the rear Qtr panels look like U.S. spec though.

Here's an intersting side note about VIN. I actually bought my U.S. spec 944 in Germany. The VIN sticker on near the battery read WPOAA0..... when I shipped it to the U.S. When my car had arrived, the VIN sticker had been removed as well as a noticable amount of paint beneath it. The VIN that was stamped into the material was WPOZZZ.... with the rest of the numbers matching my VIN exactly. I just assumed that the body rolled off the line with a WPOZZZ.... and maybe the sticker was added to cars that were fitted for U.S. export. never confirmed this theory though.....but now I'm curious

Didn't mean to hijack the thread couger....

I'm digging that sunroof delete. If I didn't already have 4 cars and a cranky apartment manager, I'd jump on this.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)