View Single Post

I have fallen into this trap a few times on different(non-P)cars. Start swapping parts and never really figure out which one it really was, but it gets fixed at a higher cost due to my impatience.
Mine was giving me fits a month ago, but it had sat for 5 years with a blown up airbox from the PO. I tested the pump, and it was indeed weak, which I believe leaned out the mix and caused the airboxes deadly explosive backfire.(only a theory)
Since I was was replacing the pump, I did a fuel filter and accumulator, and cleaned the WUR. It runs fine now, but I could not tell you if the accumulator was bad since I didn't test pressures till I got everything changed. 5 years of old fuel sitting couldn't have done anything any good, so I felt safe swapping parts I didn't know the actual condition of.
I've now got the pressure guages and a CO meter in my arsenal of tools...hey, they may SAVE me money someday.

Keep us updated..please. Brian
Old 09-24-2005, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)