View Single Post

Okay guys, here's what's happened. Yesterday, I replaced all of the plugs with new Bosch Platinums. And since then, problem solved! Yeah, I didn't beli eve it either. I've taken it out for a couple of 20 minute trips and so far, it sounds great, has no power loss up thru 5500 (that's as far as i took it) and is running like an absolute top! I took it out to the airport to meet up with my friend and he was surprised to hear that the plug replacement had made such a difference. For what its worth, 5 of the old plugs looked decent, with normal deposits, but one looked to have a small crack on the post.

Anyway, I'm not convinced that I'm out of the woods yet. It may start knocking next time I take it out, but for now, it seems like the problem is cured. Man I love driving this car!

Thanks again for the feedback folks! This is a great board!

Frank

PS - Fred, I'd like to meet you some time, so let me know if you get a free saturday and would like to grab lunch - I'd be happy to drive up to the BBQ Pit!
Old 09-25-2005, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)