Thread: stand alone efi
View Single Post
Registered

Bug man nrg where in Florida are you located? I am in Orlando and would like to talk to you. I will speak for myself only, I am currently in the planning stages of figuring out what EFI system I want to install on my 83SC. The car has SSI heat exchangers and a free flowing 2 in 2 out stainless muffler via M+K. My CIS system currently works fine but I don't like the looks of the engine compartment nor do I understand the CIS system, these are all my problem not Porsches. I am a average shadetree mechanic but I really don't have that much computer experience so I like the SDS ECU because it does not require a laptop computer for setup,but I don't know if that hinders the tuning of the ECU system. Then there is the Tbitz system that uses the existing CIS intake runners and a Megasquirt ECU,he sells a complete kit for aprox. $1600.00 including everything you need to get up and running. Also there is the Motomotions kit, these guys are selling a ITB and Megasquirt complete kit for aprox. $3200.00. These prices are aprox. and do not include any ignition upgrades like crank trigger etc. From what I have read on this forum both kits are top quality and the support via phone and email are very good. So that's your competition in my opinion, ofcourse there are many other EFI systems out there at equal or higher prices but these are the ones I am considering.Your comments are appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-01-2005, 04:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)