View Single Post

mayfiebl,

I'm in the final stages of rebuilding my 2.7L. I am probably the last person to talk to about this right now. After months of work and thousands of $$$ the engine is in, but it barely runs. I just don't know enough to make it run correctly again - too many things have changed at once. My experience level also was a few V8s, and the actual rebuild was not technically hard. What was hard was that there is not "a kit" for rebuilding. You have to find all the parts - and for me, I'd go until I ran into something I needed, then I'd have to order it, and wait. Then it's hard to find one shop that will do all the machine work required. I had parts scattered all over the country. Right now, if I had it to do over.......I'd probably suggest buying a running engine to install. That doesn't guarantee that what you buy won't have its own set of problems. Unless you want the experience of rebuilding it yourself.

Rex (I used to live in Lancaster)
Old 10-06-2005, 04:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)