View Single Post

Redefines "trust". All I have to say is-she's a keeper!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Never did the Dragon. I'll sign on to a Pelican drive if one is announced. I get down to the Pig Trail (C/D top ten driver's road)in Arkansas each spring and fall. Like the Dragon, it's loaded full of bikes, BMWs, Porsches, and line crossers. I was with a group stuck behind a not so fast, but trying hard, driver. A group on BMW bikes felt it okay to PASS on tight blind corners. I had two of them within inches of me, on my left, on a tight, blind, lefthand curve. Had a car, truck, or otherwise been coming the other way, they would have scraped those two off my door as I would have held my line rather than bail into the trees because of two *********s.

Our group wasn't without incident either. Lots of line crossers that got scolded at regroup stops. I had one guy in a stock BMW 2002 try to hold the same line as my highly modified 02 at speed. In my mirror I saw him severely understeer into the oncoming lane and presumably into oblivion. Later I was told that he and two others, tight on his tail, basically crossed the entire lane and ended up parked in the opposite lanes gravel.

Thankfully, we've never had an incident that couldn't be driven from. Each year we work to increase awareness and stress safety and staying within one's limits. We're doing the "Pig" Saturday the 29th this year. I'll forward info to those who would like to attend.

PS-I have a mini-van exactly like that one. Same color and everything. It's been handed down to my sixteen year old daughter. When was that pic taken??

Last edited by SLO-BOB; 10-09-2005 at 04:12 PM..
Old 10-09-2005, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)