View Single Post
Formerly bb80sc

Quote:
Originally posted by hmd
Brad,

I have boxster calipers front and rears on Carrera rotors, with a twin MC and a balance bar.

No matter how front bias I set the bar there is still a possibility of locking up the rears. I don't think using the boxters calipers all round is a good idea, it is too rear bias. You would be better off using the rear carrera setup.

IMO using Boxster front calipers is a step up BUT not very cost effective you may as well go with something bigger like 993 calipers for not much more money.
Thanks for the information. There seems to be quite a few qualified shops who offer the Boxter upgrade. So, either it's a vanity thing, or there are real reasons and value behind it. I know I could do a search, but is there that much difference between the Carrera rears and the Boxster rears? The last thing I want are the backs locking up braking deep I wonder if the lockup wouold happen with a stock MC and a proportioning valve?

cheers
-B
2017 Mazda CX5
Old 10-11-2005, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)