View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeke
Looks restorable to me. But, what I don't understand is this, "where the suspension bolts into the rear section of the gas tank support [right side]" The gas tank support is more commonly thought of as a component of the front suspension pan. Back under the cowel is another matter and is a part you would find at a salvage yard or a stripped toss-away shell. For instance, John Walker's Workshop has had some trouble in GIVING AWAY a 912. Wrong side of the country for you, but if you heed Grady's advice, you will come across what you need in time. Maybe a short time. Be patient. When I'm not patient and scramble for what I need and pay too much, the same item invariably shows up in the next month for peanuts.

Ask me about H1's and I can tell you this is so true.
I'm suspecting it's where the doubler welds on for the drivers side, front most, beam support bolt.

Basically, where the front beam goes through the hump, there's two front and two rear bolts, the bolt on the front side (gas tank side), drivers side for the beam.

sjd
Old 10-12-2005, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)