View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by pwd72s
FWIW, and I think it's worth quite a bit, Warren Hall posted that his tests show that the MSD high vibration #8222 coil is compatible with the Bosch CD unit. I sure hope he's right, because I'm now carrying one as a spare coil. Figured it would get me home until I bought the factory black unit.
Fair enough, but Warren also "approved" the bosch blue coil, quote below. I don't think the MSD would have trouble getting you home, but does it have the slight power disadvantage that the blue coil does? Steve?

Quote:
Originally posted by Early_S_Man
Chris,

I have tested the following non-CDI coils on both Bosch and Permatune CD systems [continuous 40+ hour operation under heat lamp at 180�F -- 0.032" spark plug gap] and found acceptable output and no ill effects to either CDI unit:

1. Bosch Blue coil

2. Bosch Red coil

3. Sears Epoxy coil, circa 1978 ... a replacement suggested in Panorama in those days ...

4. MSD Epoxy High Vibration coil
from thread:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/155041-ignition-coil-question-911sc-post2002866.html?highlight=msd+vibration#post2002866
Old 10-12-2005, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)