View Single Post

If I did it again I'd check/reuse C-341-119-06, save $40 if they're in good shape. use new lock nut though. Also on ball joint socket, people have said there's a 4wheel drive socket for a ford sold at parts stores that would work well. Or sell the p tool after you use it.
bags of cottor pins are available anywhere. No reason to pay .50 for just one.
I do like the ER stuff. IF I would have put the low friction stuff on in the first place I would have saved alot of the hassel
If you get the special socket and the strut is in a vice and removing the end nut with an impact you could possible save the and reuse the nut. I torched the whole entire thing red hot and still wouldn't come off. I ended up burning the nut, carefully.
I'm in favor of JB weld or tack welding the ER races onto the arm after beadblasting/cleaning/painting.
after you finish, drive around with the underside cover plate off for a while, make sure everything is right, noises/binding, that cover plate sucks and you don't want to rmove and put back on more than three times in a week. A com-a-long ratchet binder comes in handy for putting that ****** thing back on.
PM any q's if you want
Old 10-13-2005, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)