View Single Post

Wanted to reinvigorate this post. I just signed up with hagerty here were my issues. Think Hagerty was a step up from state farm for the price but not sure hagerty is the best choice.
1. Price - State Farm TX $226 every 6 months for Unlimited Driving - no comprehensive for that price. Hagerty was $210. Hidden from their website application was $100,000 /$300,000 uninsured, liability, and property damage - so you have to ask for that.
2. No longer a limitation for a over 5 year old daily driver (although I'm still awaiting final acceptance from underwriting).
3. Major consideration was right to purchase back your vehicle in case it is totaled. Hagerty had that clause in their underwriting. State Farm Comprehensive can take your car and sell it off for parts after giving you low book value to recover their costs.
4. Very curious from this thread if I can drive the car to work at all as one of the questions asked on the web application was whether this car would be used in case the daily drivers were not running. Going to look at Sneed. Once I get to California and drive the car daily is there a way to insure the car as a semi-daily driver without having to go the State Farm minus comprehensive route?

Thanks
Old 10-13-2005, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)