View Single Post

Oh yes, when I asked the phone rep at Haggerty if I were covered if I drove to work she indicated that I was and that underwriting had approved my application. She noted that I was covered because I indicated I would use my porsche occasionally if my other daily drivers were in service or temporarily not able to be driven. However, when I pushed a little on that point there was nothing on the policy agreement that truely acknowledges that I am covered when I drive to work. the key distinction was the term 'daily' driver. Again the premise of the classic car insurance is that you are not using the car for 'daily' use. This is very fuzzy legally and is left up to the adjuster in the event of a claim - initially until you would appeal.
Unless the policy like state farm does directly states ' can only be driven for shows or to and from shows, or parades' can you really not drive anywhere else. Given the fact that Haggerty and Sneed require you to have proof of another daily driver then you are pretty much covered. They can offer lower premiums only from the assumption that you will drive less therefore your chances of getting into an accident are less and that you are more careful with your classic car.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)