View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Your throttle ball joint probably has a tiny cotter pin inside. I don't think this is mentioned in Wayne's book and I bent mine up, trying to disconnect it before I realized a pin was holding it in. You will probably have to raise your car a lot higher to get the motor out. Be very careful with the tranny selector rod. Don't let it get hung up with a lot of weight on the other end of it. If it bends, you will be in trouble. I bought a pack of multi-colored electrical tape to put on each wire and plug connection in the engine compartment before I started pulling things apart. That way reinstall was literally color by numbers.

I had no problem separating the engine and tranny. I used a screwdriver to pry out the cross shaft and it came very easily. This will be a fun project for you. I also got a lot of big ziplock baggies for hardware and a Sharpie for labeling them. After you've done it 3-4 times, you won't need to label anything anymore. You'll have it memorized.

Last edited by Rick Lee; 10-14-2005 at 07:09 AM..
Old 10-14-2005, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)