View Single Post
Registered Usurper

I greatly appreciate all the feedback you guys are giving me. As far as the value of my car, I couldn't sell it for anywhere near the 35K I've got into it. W/O giving the long list, what I've done is cam grind (still stock - was pitted), clutch/flywheel,strut bar, 28mm torsion bars in back, bilsteins all around, 16" polished Fuchs 7s & 8s, tensioner upgrade, turbo tie rods, oil return tubes & a myriad of attention to details involving many parts. The engine had 178.5K when I bought it & the leak down averaged 5%. runs strong.

I probably could have driven the car 15K miles after buying it (the valves were adjusted just prior to my purchase), but I didn't want to be driving around in a car I knew I wanted/needed to do a lot more to to make it a really dependable, good, fun 23 year old daily driver in which I could feel like I was a (past middle age) boy racer in a really cool car!

So - If I were to find on old wide body (there are a lot around, but they're of the biological rather than the automtive type) it would probably be more than the 13.5K I laid out for what I have and would also probably cost as much or more to bring it up to the quality mine is at now.

I talked to Dave at Tre motorsports who said I could have what I describe for +/- 10K, including a good multi stage repaint at one of the shops they use (they'd have the car 8-10 weeks), and that includes alignment, spacers, etc.

Oh, what to do, what to do?! (like I don't appreciate the fact that I'm fortunate enough to be in a position where I would even deign to consider such things!).

Watever I decide to do, I really enjoy the pics you've posted (they certainly look real good).

I'm a newbie and hope I'm not clogging up the board, but here's more pics of the possible patient (or victim in some of your opinions).

Old 10-14-2005, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)